Tuesday 22 December 2015

Update on Gunner's calendar....

Sylvia Codling's photo.
Gundog Calendar 2016 cover page
Well.... here we are, nearly at the end of the year and I've now done the final 'totting up' for Gunner's Calendar.
I am really honoured and touched that so many people wanted to buy copies. I have just two left, which means that my estimate of 150 sales was spot-on. Nearly all the calendars have gone to people who knew Gunner via fb and twitter. That is great because we can keep in touch and, as each month goes by, I will give a little background to, and explanation of, the photos I selected for that month. The BestestGundog may be gone but he will not be forgotten. 
The other objective for producing the calendar was, of course, to spread awareness of canine cancer and to raise money for further research. Hiopefully, at some future date dog owners will have more targeted help and information to deal with this devastating condition. It is the biggest single cause of death to our canine friends. I didn't know that before it took Gunner. I'm certain I'm not alone in ignorance. After deducting all costs of production I am able, thanks to your generosity, to donate well over £300 to ACT. I thank Gunner for that achievement, tho I do so wish he had not been the reason for it. xx 
Thank you all and I wish you a very Happy Christmas xxxx

No comments: