Wednesday 17 October 2007

One-upmanship


Living with animals is not always straightforward. Ever since he arrived, Gunner's been trying to come to terms with Cat. Just when he thinks he's got it all figured out - he finds Cat taking over his 'cage'. So "Who do you really think is Numero Uno around here".
Another bete noir of Gunner's is spectacles - specifically, my reading specs. Twice he removed the lenses from one pair before destroying them beyond repair. So I got a new pair of lenses put in an old frame; twice he has removed the lenses from these before destroying them beyond repair. I know --- I should have learned by now to put them well out of his reach. It's just that every now and then I forget to do so and every now and then he finds an excuse to get hold of them (usually, I must add, when left alone with just Lancer and Pilot in the house).
So this week I have spent a few hours at Specsavers taking advantage of their "two for one" offer. All I have to remember now is to put them out of Gunner's reach.......
(Or should I be taking the dog to the optician..... maybe he's really trying to tell me something!!??)

No comments: