Tuesday 17 May 2011

A Strange sound at the door

The Boss and I were just finishing dinner on Saturday evening when there was a strange sound at the scullery door - not quite a knock but not a thump either, more a quiet 'Thud'!

We weren't expecting visitors.
"Is that someone at the door?" asked The Boss.

"Probably the cats" I half-jokingly replied. They'd been out for a while and they usually come back home when they get hungry.
"Oh well, in that case I'd best go see" he said, walking off in that direction.

A few moments later I heard "You're quite right; it's the cats. With dinner!"

Thinking he was pulling my leg I went to look and saw this on the door mat.

I imagine the dark spot on its head is where Waifa banged on the door with it!

As if that were not bad enough, yesterday morning after breakfast Gunner told me something was either under or behind the sofa in the kitchen. I heard a bit of a crunch but thought that it came from 'elsewhere'.

Pulling the sofa away from the wall, I peered behind expecting to see a 'lost' dog biscuit.

Instead looking up at me in surprise and indignation - feelings I'm sure I projected straight back - was Waifa ......... halfway through her breakfast, if you please! Yet another baby rabbit.
Strange sounds and stranger goings-on. What next from our used-to-be-a-stray cat?

Best we keep the door shut, I think!

No comments: