Tuesday 21 September 2010

So ???





"OK you guys - what's going on?
I'm not entirely wet behind the ears you know? I thought we were beginning to see eye to eye yesterday. I've been sitting here keeping an eye on you, you know. I saw Ritz disappearing off into the other field earlier when he thought you were all going to descend on him again like yesterday and nibble his toes. And he's a very tolerant chap most of the time.

Now look around - there's that bunch of brothers over there in the middle of the New Chickens' pen, staring at the world as if they've nothing better to do.

Then there's that other bunch over the other side of the Chicken pen making like they're in some sort of digging contest..... It's not on, you know. You two stand here and look me in the eye and say it's all under control... but what's under control? Not you lot. Certainly not the chickens. Poor things. They're jumping around all over the place - they've never seen chaps like you before - no wonder they're not doing the laying thing. And you know what? I'm the one getting all the flak from Her who Must be Obeyed for jumping in there and running around when all I'm trying to do is keep you in order.
"Not suprised your mum looks the other way when you run off. If a well trained fellow like me can't keep you in order, what chance has a poor old sow got?
"What? Me? Insult your mother. Never.... but she doesn't stand a chance against you lot.
"Hang on though - maybe I've an idea. Perhaps I'll speak to H-w-m-b-O about giving you some whistle education....... That really would be something. Teach you lot to help me with my work and we could all go hunting together..... Wouldn't that just scare the feathers of those pheasants???

No comments: