Thursday 12 January 2012

Done and dusted

Before going off to the 'office' on Tuesday with The Bestest Gundog I opened the old stalls door. The wandering piglets were wandering more than they were at home - even followed me up the drive on Monday afternoon. So I thought that the open door might get them investigating and when it came to weaning it would be easier to get them to go in there! Came home Tuesday afternoon and noticed a light on in the Stalls:
"All done and dusted." said Linda when she came over. I was surprised: I must have looked surprised; "Oh" it's not too soon is it????" she asked. Well, no. I was just surprised that she'd got it done so easily. "I had a bowl of food and they just followed me in she said." Well, I thought the last lot were easily weaned but this lot were even easier... just walked through the door, snout in bowl, shut the door. Deed done.
Delila didn't even notice....till, oh I don't know, probably not till Wednesday afternoon. When she made a bit of a fuss: as if she'd just noticed the little ones hadn't come home for a while... "Oh, I'd best behave like a sad sow" she thought to herself.....   Tomorrow she gets to go back to Samson...I suspect she knows that, which is why she's not so sad to lose the little ones...... Another litter done and dusted she probably thinks to herself.....

No comments: