Sunday 28 October 2012

STOP PRESS....

Returned last night from Lincoln Sausage Festival - more news of which later - and went out a little later to shut up chickens - what a lot of squealing there was out there. "What the hell's that?" I said to The Bestest Gundog because, of course, he knows everything.................... He looked at me as if to say "Why you askin' me?" So, there we have it: he doesn't know everything!
We followed the squealing sounds: past the stalls with Andromeda and her brood - silence there. Past the Barn with the three big girls; just rustling there. Down to the Church Field ---- where the noise was deafening. I suddenly realised: "Must be Delila! Having her piglets.......".  I don't think I have ever heard piglets make so much noise. Clearly Delila thought so too because, hearing me approach, she came gruntling out: "Can't you shut that lot up?" she said.
"Best we leave them alone." I said to the BG and we turned for home. Later on when we tucked the horses up for the night all was quiet.
We'll see how they all are later this morning when it's light......

No comments: